Wednesday, July 05, 2006

64

I’ll let you in to my searches, my reaches
i’m giving you the front step to sleep on
if you’ll be kind enough not to say anything
if you’ll work hard enough at saying nothing
i’ll let you into my searches, my reaches
the game is not to be repeated but just played again
remember when I wanted to tell you
something, anything
but found my voice had been taken by the wind
you tucked me up in bed and I listened
to the radio with the broken aerial
(my aerial, my broken voice)
i was muttering and mumbling
about this and that, I was
listening to the radio’s voices
lapping against the bed like the waves
of a dark, battleship grey ocean
‘don’t raise your hands so high
don’t open your mouth so wide’
you said
the game is not
to be repeated but just played again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home